Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Salary: RM1500 per month plus commission
Application Closing Date: April/May/June intake
Start Date: TBC
The Precious Plastic Project (PPP) is a collaborative joint effort by Fuze-Ecoteer and The Sea Monkey Project to fight against plastic waste. It was inspired by Precious Plastic, a global movement started by Dave Hakkens in 2013 with an aim to solve plastic pollution around the world. We build Precious Plastic machines (Plastic Shredder, Extrusion & Injection Machines and Moulds Packages) to be used for plastic upcycling awareness programmes in ASEAN countries. We also provide services for training, building plastic upcycling machines and producing personalised and sustainable end-products from discarded plastic waste! In simple terms, we turn trash into treasure!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Precious Plastic Machine
- Work closely with Carlos Steenland from The Sea Monkey Project to build, install and operate Precious Plastic machines.
- Ensure all plastic upcycling machines are well-maintained, fully stocked and running optimally. Resolve machine-related problems immediately upon detection. Also, perform periodic checks on output quality.
- Work with the internal team to improve or enhance the versatility of any existing products from The Precious Plastic machine.
- Perform routine maintenance check for machines sold.
- Respond to clients’ inquiries related to machine performance.
Precious Plastic Products and Merchandise
- Lead the production of Precious Plastic merchandise. The end product should be practical, functional and marketable. Additionally, it should also meet the internal team and external partners/clients’ requirements.
- Research and analyse how Precious Plastic products can meet market needs and consumer preferences.
- Research and work on materials and techniques to improve Precious Plastic products.
- Supervise Precious Plastic Project Interns (Product Development and Research & Development).
- Create and maintain inventory for stock control using a suitable document format.
- Report work progress to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as requested.
- Interested in mechanical design/machinery work and manufacturing process.
- Related education and experience (desirable).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills: You will analyse and interpret blueprints, schematics, models and other specifications.
- Attention to detail: You will work with precision equipment.
- Excellent spoken English (Malay & Chinese are an added advantage)
- Understand the materials used for plastic upcycling and production methods.
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Timely, organized and efficient.
- Hold a valid Malaysian driving licence, manual driving desirable.
- Willing to learn and share knowledge among team members.
- RM1500 per month plus commission on sales, RM500 per unit sold.
- Any medical bills associated with work-related accidents are covered. You are required to get your own travel insurance.
- Free accommodation. You’ll be staying with other staff/interns at the project location.
- Access to communal staff food at each project base where you’ll cook as a team.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Opportunity to go to other project sites for work purposes.
How To Apply
Applicants will need to submit their CV and Cover Letter as an email attachment to email@example.com
For more information, or if you have any further enquiries about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up to date with all volunteer, internship and career opportunities, sign up to our mailing list here.