Category: Media & Marketing
Job Type: Internship
Contract Length: 3-6 Months
Application Closing Date: July 20th
Start Date: July
Enthusiastic about conservation? Passionate about photography and videography? Looking to combine the two into a dream career but not sure how to get your foot in the door? Look no further. The photography and videography internship offered by Fuze Ecoteer gives you the chance to do just that; gain valuable experience whilst working for an expert conservation company.
Whats in it for you?
Aside from travelling around Malaysia to spectacularly photogenic destinations such as the Perhentian Islands and Taman Negara national park, you’ll gain a whole plethora of skills guided by an experienced professional. Plus there’s a loads of additional benefits including the fact this is a fantastic opportunity to add to your personal portfolio.
Skills for your CV:
- Advanced photography techniques
- Photo editing competency
- Videography techniques including frame composition, interview techniques, sequencing, montaging and editing
- Ability to work from briefs delivering targeted messages to support communication and marketing goals
- Creative thinking, developed through designing and producing original content to engage a specific audience
- Experience producing promotional, educational videos as well as event coverage
- Communication, working with different teams across different sites
- Problem solving and using initiative
- Free accommodation whilst at Project sites. You’ll be in mixed dorm rooms with our project interns and volunteers allowing you to mix with some wonderful people.
- Free food! OK it won’t be an all you can eat buffet every day, but you’ll get access to communal staff food at each project base.
- Free Wifi! All our projects have access to wifi so you can keep your Instagram up to date
- 1 day off per week, plus a block of 4 days off each month during project season (Feb to Nov). You might as well see some of the fantastic sights Malaysia has while you’re here after all.
- All work related expenses (Unfortunately this doesn’t include your travel to or from Malaysia)
- Written reference letter upon completion of internship. We’ll do our best to help you land your dream job
What we need from you
To apply for this role you’ll need to meet a few requirements and have a reasonably good level of experience taking photos and shooting videos. You can also find out a bit more about the role itself by reading about the duties you’ll be completing throughout the internship.
- Highly organised and ability to work to a schedule
- Team player but also comfortable working independently
- Efficient time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Own camera, laptop and editing software for both photo and video
- Good photography and videography skills. Experience editing both photo’s and videos. To be demonstrated via portfolio upon application.
- Good level of English
Key duties and responsibilities
- Take high quality images of Fuze Ecoteer projects and group visits as well as for your own portfolio
- Photo editing, adding watermarks and uploading to a central image bank
- Shoot high quality footage of Fuze Ecoteer projects
- Create short video clips and produce formal promotional videos to be uploaded to a central video library to be used for marketing purposes
- Use selected photos and video clips on selected Fuze Ecoteer social media accounts including Facebook and Instagram
- Report to your supervisor and collaborate with other teams where necessary, maintaining open communication at all times
- Follow agreed timetables to deliver work in a timely fashion
- Display a professional example to local community members, volunteers and colleagues
- Follow instructions as delivered by project managers when on site
- Adherence to all safety measures, protocols, procedures and budgets as directed by Fuze Ecoteer
- Any other duties that may be required including; cover for colleague’s leave and illness, providing adequate notice of travel arrangements (work related or personal)
How To Apply
Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or if you have any further questions about the role please email email@example.com
To keep up to date with all volunteer, internship and career opportunities, sign up to our mailing list here.