Why study Strategy Development for Wildlife Conservation?
This wildlife conservation course is a must for understanding how to develop a conservation strategy appropriate for any scale, complexity, or timeframe of conservation work. Conservation is a complex and many skills are needed to successfully manage a conservation programme. This course will help you develop a strong conservation strategy, before implementing and monitoring the results.
What will you learn?
This wildlife conservation course will help you:
- Develop a stronger strategy by applying key principles
- Engage stakeholders, so the right groups are involved in strategy development
- Understand and document the current situation that needs changing
- Define the impact the project team wants to achieve
- Plan the work needed to achieve the impact
- Design an approach to monitor the project’s impact and adapt to changing conditions and new information.
6 weeks of online workshops, with 2 training sessions each week, including:
- One live session with an instructor, lasting approximately 1.5 hours and involving interactive exercises
- A pre-recorded video (1-1.5 hours) to watch at a time that suits you.
- A total of three learning hours per week.
Assessment and Certification
Assessed by exam (multiple choice) at the end of the workshop. Upon passing, you will gain a certificate.
Ecoteer’s internships are a great way to put theory to practice and this course goes hand-in-hand with the activities you’ll be undertaking.
Based in Malaysia’s breathtaking rainforest or marine project sites, you could be involved in environmental education and teaching, tourism and community engagement, marine or rainforest conservation, or media and marketing.
This course will get you off to a flying start!